Jump to navigation Jump to search
These often get mistaken for emulators, while technically not the same, they often serve the same purpose for the user (to allow software written for one platform to run on another).
- Compatibility layers
- Here is where you find things like Wine and Proton.
- Flash re-implementations
- Such as WAFlash and Ruffle.
- Game engines
- Here is where you find things like ScummVM, Mugen, OpenMW and the Super Mario 64 port.
- Such as VMWare Workstation and VirtualBox.
- Preservation projects
- Such as Flashpoint.
- Here is where you find things like pinball simulators.
- Such as nGlide.