Xbox Series X and Series S
Xbox network, formerly known as Xbox LIVE is the online service used by Xbox consoles.
Xbox Live emulation is possible with Insignia: Free replacement for Microsoft's servers for the original Xbox console, allowing online functionality to be restored for the first time since 2010 which is allowing you to play online with friends and strangers.
- Xbox Live Connectivity
Xenia will never be able to connect to the real Xbox Live network. A simulated Live-like network is possible, however anything that interfaces with the official Microsoft services is not only not possible, but not something the project seeks to enable.
- Simulated Xbox Live Network
- Implement the system APIs for friend's list, leaderboards, etc. Reusing Steam or some other service would be ideal.
- Game Servers
Some multiplayer games are peer-to-peer, however many have some server component required for either matchmaking or actual session hosting. Though it'd be possible to work with such homebrew servers if projects sprung up to support them Xenia itself will not be attempting to do so.
- Xenia WebServices
- The Xenia WebServices project, currently under development, simulates Xbox Live functionality for P2P online multiplayer games. You need to use "xenia-canary-netplay" fork to connect. This fork also could be used to communicate with private servers for games that require a dedicated server for multiplayer features. In this regard, games that require a custom server will not work unless a fan-made, private server is created. This is outside the scope of this fork or Xenia WebServices and will have to be developed by the community. See ongoing development for "xenia-canary-netplay" fork and Xenia-WebServices on xenia-netplay discord channel.
- To connect to Xenia WebServices servers, you can use the following addresses: "https://xenia-netplay-2a0298c0e3f4.herokuapp.com" or "https://xbox.rushhosting.net". Simply change the "api_adress=" value in the "xenia-canary-netplay.config.toml" file to one of these addresses. You can also visit their webpages to view active online users and lobbies/sessions.
- See this page for the "xenia-canary-netplay" fork compatibility list.
- See Preservation projects page for more information about revive projects.
There is no preservation project for emulating Xbox Live private platform server service for Xbox One at the moment, or any kind of implementation on the emulator side to connect official servers.
Xbox Series X and Series S
There is no preservation project for emulating Xbox Network private platform server service for Xbox Series X/S at the moment, or any kind of implementation on the emulator side to connect official servers.