Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Type||Hybrid video game console|
CreatiVision is a console / microcomputer hybrid released by VTech in 1982.
|Name||Platform(s)||Latest Version||Libretro Core||FLOSS||Active||Recommended|
|PC / x86|
|cvemu (creatiVision emulator)||16.04.24
21.05.01 Preview (source)
|MAME||git artifacts[N 2]
libretro core[N 3]
|FunnyMu 0.48 R1.0 for AmigaOS 3.0+
|CvEmu2 + Spartan||0.6.1 (CvEmu2)
2.0 (Spartan GUI)
beta 0.03 (CreatiVEmu GUI)
- Emulator by Roberto Ventura, coded in may 2001 for use with MS-DOS and then made Windows-compatible a few months later. It supports all existing ROMs with accurate video and audio emulation. Complete cassette tape player emulation, allowing to load/save BASIC listings through custom "binary log" format.
- Unfortunately it's never been publicly released and it's marked as "discontinued" since 2002.
- creatiVision emulator
- The most recently developed emulator of the creatiVision, also featuring full compatibility with the Laser 2001 and Salora Manager home computers through a self-developed version of the BIOS. Great overall emulation quality and an useful option to load programs from cassette dumps. Programmed with C and SDL. Source code available. No user interface (command-line operated).
- Emulator by Giovanni Ortu, supporting all existing ROMs (except the new formats for 6 and 18KB) with full video emulation, no audio emulation. Featuring a preliminary in-game menu. Programmed with C and SDL, compiled for Windows and Linux. Source code available.
- Emulator by Paul Hayter, supporting 4, 8, 10 and 12KB ROMs with full video and audio emulation, unfortunately has no in-game menu and can't be configured. Programmed with C and SDL, based on MAME and ColEm source codes, compiled for Windows and Linux. Source code available.
- FunnyMu (unofficial)
- MADrigal's personal revision of FunnyMu, with a few additions:
* fully compatible with all currently dumped ROMs (also 6, 10, 16 and 18KB ROM formats) * correct colour palette (matching the one in MAME) * support for right controller emulation and complete keyboard emulation * mathematics bug-fixes here and there * screenshot save * load/save BASIC listings in plain text format * settings stored to .ini file * windowed and fullscreen modes available
- Windows version is fully compatible with the new CreatiVe-UI graphics interface, also featuring a quite detailed games database with screenshots.
- Amiga version also available by Amigan Software.
- Wii version also available by Wiimpathy.
- MAME (formerly MESS)
- Since version 0.135 (released on November 7th, 2009), MESS includes MADrigal's revision of the CreatiVision driver, with a few additions and bug-fixes to previous releases.
- Emulation accuracy is very high, though there's still much work to do in order to add several missing features and to make input management a little bit more user-friendly.
- As of 2017, MESS is incorporated in MAME.