From Emulation General Wiki
- 1 Multi-System
- 2 Nintendo
- 3 Sony
- 4 SEGA
- 5 Microsoft
- 6 Other Systems
Super Famicom (SNES)
- Satellaview BIOS Backup
Required for some Satellaview releases. For bsnes and snes9x-sx. This is a modified BIOS with the replay limitation removed and an English translation for the town hub.
- SuperDisc BIOS Backup
Required for Sony's SNES-CD emulation. For no$sns 1.6.
- DSP1b Backup
Required only in recent higan/bsnes versions past 0.73.
- SNES Coprocessor ROMs Backup
Required only in recent bsnes libretro versions past 0.92.
- Collection of N64 Emulators and Plugins Backup
- LLE RSP plugin for Project64
- pifrom.bin and N64DD IPL Backup
Required for 64DD emulation. For CEN64. JP version.
- N64DD IPL US Version Backup
Required for 64DD emulation. Unreleased US region version.
- GameCube BIOS Backup
Optional. Dolphin uses it to load the better original system fonts, but even without it it has (uglier) replacement fonts.
- DSP-LLE for Dolphin Backup
Optional. Needed for more accurate low-level emulation of DSP audio. Required in Dolphin for connectivity with GBA units. A HLE solution removing this requirement exists, but is still incomplete.
- Swiss-GC .dol Backup
Optional. Needed for 'native' widescreen.
- Wii Network Certs Backup
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
- GBA BIOS Backup
Optional. Required for a few games, homebrew, and connectivity with the GameCube.
- E-Reader ROM: US, JP v2
Required for e-Reader emulation.
- NDS BIOS and Firmware Backup
Optional. Needed for NO$GBA.
- DSi BIOS Backup
For DSi emulation. Required (NO$GBA).
- DSi NAND Backup
For DSi emulation. Optional (NO$GBA). Improves compatibility. No easy way to dump from real hardware (make sure you upgrade the copy of NO$GBA included in that package).
- 3DS Extra Data Backup
Required to play some games with Citra.
- 3DS Bootroms Backup
Required to decrypt encrypted games.
- Wii U fonts (lacks three more fonts, but they're unused): Main Backup
Optional. Cemuhook has replacement fonts.
Goes under SharedFonts.
Needed for proper text display in some games.
- Wii U Menu files, 5.5.2 (probably needs urgent mirroring away from mediafire): EU EU Backup, US US Backup, JP JP Backup
Optional. For Cemu 1.11.4+.
Goes under mlc01.
Needed for rendering Mii among other things.
Wii U Menu can be accessed from the .rpx under
mlc01\sys\title\00050010\10040XXX\code\men.rpx(where XXX is 000 for JP, 100 for US, 200 for EU)
- Online files Backup
Optional. For Cemu 1.11.0+.
Needed for online play.
Lacks unbanned account.dat file unique to the console, but an account.dat generator and custom servers with lax authentification are WIP.
- Switch shared data Backup
Required to play some games in yuzu, and encrypted ROMs.
- Switch SDK fonts Backup
- PS1 BIOS Backup
Required for some emulators like Mednafen. Copyright-free replacements (called HLE BIOSes) also exist for other emulators. (MD5 Hashes)
- PS1<->PSP Save Converter Backup
Converts PS1 (.mcr) to PSP's PS1 (.vmp) save format and vice versa.
BIOS files Verify with these MD5 Hashes. hosted on:
These are required for PS2 emulation.
- Original PSP Fonts Backup
Optional. PSP emulators have replacement fonts, but they don't exactly match the originals as well as they should.
- PS3 LLE Modules Backup
- PS3 Fonts Backup
- Official latest firmware download for sprx files. Needed for RPCS3.
- Dreamcast BIOS Backup
Needed for nullDC. (MD5 Hashes)
- Dreamcast/Naomi/Hikaru BIOS Backup
Needed for DEMUL.
- Xbox BIOS and files Backup
Needed for XQEMU.
- Xbox HDD Image Backup
Needed for XQEMU.
- Xbox files Backup
For MAME (MCP-X bootrom included is a bad dump).
- MSX BIOS list Backup Machine Configurations + BIOS files Backup
Optional for a number of cartridge games (covered by the unofficial C-bios file). Required for the rest.
- System roms for openMSX Backup
Useful for emulating certain machines and extensions like the Panasonic FS-A1GT for example.
- GNU/Linux and macOS: ~/.openMSX/share/systemroms
- Windows: C:\Users\your_user_name\My Documents\openMSX\share\systemroms
PC Engine/TG-16 (NEC)
- System Card Pack Backup
Required for CD-based games - [BIOS] PC Engine Super CD-ROM2 System V3.00 (Japan).pce is enough in most cases.
- Font file Backup (Binary format)
For Neko Project II. Optional. Needed for some text displaying properly.
- Font file Backup (BMP format)
For Anex86 and other emulators. Optional. Needed for some text displaying properly.