|Developer(s)|| Gary Henderson|
- Bearoso's Official Releases
- Snes9x dev builds: OV2's semi-official hosting which only host builds that have changes that warrant it. The archives here contain x64 builds within them. There are also the builds over at EmuCR which, according to OV2, will also be supported.
- Snes9x for macOS
- Snes9xTYL(mecm)/cm Mod (PSP only)
- Snes9k 0.09z
- Snes9x Next is an optimized version of Snes9x 1.52 with speed hacks and is available as a libretro core for RetroArch. It has an option to overclock the SuperFX chip, making games like Star Fox run at a higher FPS.
- Snes9xTYL(mecm)/cm Mod is a port of Snes9x 1.39 to PSP. Inaccuracies everywhere, especially with sound, but it's the best thing available for PSP for SNES emulation. Use the mecm build where possible, unless you use the PSP emulator on Vita, in which case use the cm build.
- ZMZ (GitHub and download page) is a version of Snes9x that uses ZNES' GUI with a Snes9x libretro back end.
It is a very good SNES emulator, far superior to ZSNES. It has very high compatibility and is easy to use. It is not as accurate as higan but is good for systems that can't run higan at full speed. The stable release is very old, so use the latest dev build instead. One of the developers, OV2, hosts his own builds. Link above.
Problems and solutions
Snes9x stopped recognizing diagonals and joystick/R2/L2 input. Snes9x has issues with XInput (such as with XInput Wrapper SCP). The solution is to edit the .conf file and add in (J0)POV Up Right, (J0)POV Dn Right, etc. for the diagonal inputs.
Snes9k is Snes9x with Kaillera client support. It is based on a very old (~2005) build of Snes9x.