PlayStation 2 emulators
From Emulation General Wiki
PlayStation 2 (PS2) is a 6th generation console released by Sony in 2000. It became the highest selling console of all time with over 155 million units sold.
|Name||Operating System(s)||Latest Version||Active||Recommended|
|PCSX2||Windows, Linux, OS X||Git||✓||✓|
|Play!||Windows, OS X||Git||✓||✗|
- PCSX2 is the only PS2 emulator currently worth using. That said, it is very underwhelming in the accuracy department, with thousands of bugs and graphical glitches. Check the Game Problems FAQ for the most difficult titles.
- Play! can run some 2D and other simple games at playable speeds, but is far behind PCSX2.
- Connectix Ps2emu is an unreleased PS2 emulator that is created by a guy named Roor and can allegedly boot most commercial games. There are a few videos from a closed beta version of the emulator here.
- PCSX2 Wiki - For checking if your games work and any fixes/tweaks/settings you should know beforehand. The wiki is very outdated and unfinished, so personal testing is usually a must.
- PlayStation 2 DataCenter - Tons of PS2 related things. Emulator files like plugins, game manuals, game configurations, and many tutorials are just some of things you'll find here.