|Developer(s)||Romain Vallet, Theo Berkau, Guillaume Duhamel, Anders Montonen, devmiyax|
Yabause (an acronym for Yet Another Broken And Unfinished Saturn Emulator) is a multi-platform, open-source Sega Saturn emulator.
|Stable and Dev builds|
|Unofficial Wii port|
There have been several versions of Yabause released, including a currently work-in-progress libretro core. There is also a Wii version, linked above; note that this is an unofficial release and support from the Yabause developers cannot be provided for it.
Developer devmiyax has forked Yabause to improve it. A French developer, François, also known as FCare, has forked devmiyax's Yabause fork and called it "Kronos". It is more active than even the regular Yabause so far as of 2018. Since late June 2018, it also supports the Sega Titan Video arcade system in version 1.30. However, all STV games are launchable on Linux but most games are still problematic on Windows.
Several build types for both devmiyax and FCare's branches are available. Binary releases for Kronos are available at EmuTalk's forum.
Yabause has a very decent rate of compatibility, around 70% of the games run well or perfectly.
Yabause has many advantages over Mednafen. If you use the OpenGL video driver, games can be rendered in higher resolutions, unlike Mednafen which can only render in the game's native resolution. The UI, despite not being perfect, is also better than Mednafen for very non-experienced users. However, Mednafen is far ahead in terms of compatibility. Use Mednafen for any games that have issues on Yabause, or SSF if you're using a low-end system.
- Compatibility list (Official wiki)
- Official compatibility page for uoYabause (AKA YabaSanshiro)
- uoYabause Compatibility wiki (Thread notes)
- Kronos Compatibility wiki
- Yabause PSP's Compatibility list
- uoYabause-X's Compatibility list (AKA YabaSanshiro Extended)
- Kronos's compatibility list for STV arcade games can be found in the file named Kronos Readme (English).html inside the releases' archive.
- KRONOS 1.4.0 - 30 GAMES TEST (EMURETRO. Sep 17, 2018.)