|Developer(s)||Dolphin Emulator Project|
|Latest version||5.0 (Stable)|
Game Boy Advance (basic, for connectivity features)
|Unofficial iOS port|
for Triforce support
* Linux support comes in the form of an official Ubuntu PPA. See pkgs.org for other distributions.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 3 GHz, AMD Phenom II X4 955 or better
- GPU: DirectX 11.1 or OpenGL 4.4 support or better
- RAM: At least 2 GB
- DualShock 3/Xbox 360 controller
- USB Bluetooth adapter
- Wiimote (and MotionPlus for games that require it)
- Wireless Sensor Bar
Dolphin is a GameCube, Wii emulator that supports many extra features not present on the original consoles, and additionally capable of basic Game Boy Advance by its own built-in version of mGBA with stripped-down GUI, for the sake of GameCube games that support connectivity features. Though early development was supported by a very active homebrew scene led by fail0verflow precursor Team Twiizers, proper emulation is still underway as of 2018 and improvements are still being made as Wii games continue to have issues.
Dolphin's official website, dolphin-emu.org, also runs a blog with monthly progress reports, tracking pull requests from contributors, and providing comprehensive and in-depth feature articles. Another site that has been confused for the real one, dolphin-emulator.com, has no connection to the project and only hosts builds going up to 4.0.
Dolphin has support for widescreen output and can override the aspect ratio of the original game. However, this is a hack that rarely works without issues.
To get widescreen fully natively, try Swiss. This can even be run on a real GameCube/Wii if desired.
- Main article: Dolphin Online
- VR support
- Texture Packs
- Main article: Texture packs#GameCube/Wii
Dolphin lets you dump game textures and also replace game textures with new custom ones.
Guides and info
- Performance Guide
- Dolphin Wiki & Game Specific Guides
- Netplay Guide
- Using Gecko Codes
- Dolphin Emulator Gecko Codes after version 5.0
- Wind Waker Benchmark, POV-Ray Benchmark, and lua-bench - bottom of the pages to change tabs
- jordan-woyak. WIP - OpenXR. GitHub.
- Maylmilae, JMC47. Dolphin Progress Report: August and September 2019. "In general, despite the loss of NVIDIA 3D Vision, Dolphin's 3D support has been modernized to work with the new VideoCommon and should be working better than ever between all of our backends. And these updates help lay the foundation for what's to come."