Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Developer(s)||David & Cédric Michel|
|Latest version||1.1.3 (Windows)|
MagicEngine is a payware, closed-source PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 emulator, with a free 5 minutes demo available. The full version costs €15 EUR. Other free alternatives such as Mednafen are recommended instead of this.
According to the About page at the official website, MagicEngine emulates the PC-Engine almost perfectly. The emulator has:
- Full HuCard emulation!
- Full SuperGrafx emulation!
- Full CD-ROM and Super CD-ROM emulation! (with a custom System Card - no BIOS ROM needed)
- Full Arcade Card emulation!
- Very accurate and fast emulation!
- Game save/load feature!
- Nice and easy to use graphical user interface!
- Five players mode - fully configurable!
- and it's actually available for three operating systems, namely:
- - DOS [only a very old version (v0.91) is available for DOS]
- - Windows 98/2000/XP, using DirectX or OpenGL
- - Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.x, using OpenGL