|Active||No (main branch)|
Yes (libretro core)
|Emulates||Game Boy Advance|
gpSP is an open-source Game Boy Advance emulator created by Exophase for the PlayStation Portable. Compatibility is very good and is recommended for using GBA ports of SNES games rather than SNES emulators themselves due to poor focus on the PSP. Its open-source nature makes it a good candidate for porting to similar lightweight platforms like the Raspberry Pi.
|Official gpSP releases fix|
|UO gpSP Kai 3.4 Test 4 Build 230|
|gpSP mod & gpSP-J|
|Pandora gpSP 0.9.2.8|
gpSP/TempGBA BIOS :
gpSP Cheats :
gpSP 0.9 is the last Official release by Exophase. It has since been forked and improved upon by other Developers, like gpSPmod and gpSP-j. While gpSP-j has more compatibility, gpSPmod has more options for customization [Full Screen (16:9), Cheats, etc]. The variant gpSPmod is a fork of gpSP for the PSP. It is generally recommended to use UO gpSP Kai 3.4 Test 4 Build 230. gpSP-j compatibility is unknown being the fact that it is a port by a Japanese coder. So all info is in Japanese. More info can be found here. The website contains info on UO gpSP-j, TempGBA4PSP-mod, gpSP, and UO gpSP Kai.
TempGBA was a Game Boy Advance emulator written for the Supercard DStwo, a third-party flash cart where GBA ROMs can be installed on to play on the GBA. An open-source BIOS file (Based on VBA-M's high-level BIOS emulation) made by Normmatt was bundled with this emulator. Though, a legal GBA BIOS should offer better compatibility. The latest version was 1.45, dated 14/09/13.
It is based on :
- gameplaySP (gpSP) 0.9 by Exophase, with help from various GBA developers
- gpSP Kai Unofficial 3.3 by Takka
- The CATSFC GUI by ShadauxCat and Nebuleon (improving over BAGSFC) with language files contributed by the GBAtemp community for CATSFC
- GBAtemp's thread by the author, Nebuleon
- The Emulation Realm (DStwo Only)
- Libretro port (libretro port on PSP)
- tempgba-1.45 emucr (Works on DStwo Only)
- Main article: Emulators on PSP#Game Boy Advance
There is also a version likewise based on the gpSP built for Sony's PlayStation Portable called TempGBA4PSP 26750221. A Japanese coder TempGBA4PSP is the most recent GBA emulator for the PSP, and has superior compatibility with most problematic games
- Sigma Star Saga : Still Unable Show Health Bar.
- Golden Sun : it's Sequel Major Bugs,Still Considered Unplayable.
- Kingdoms Hearts : Chain of Memories - Works Unzip file, Freezing Up Save State After Load State it Will Run.
- Riviera : Works - Only Run Unzip file.
This includes Normmatt's open source BIOS and the updated Game Config. However, it and another emulator named gpSP-j have mixed performance results on the PSP. One alternative that has good performance is gpSP Kai that can be used in exchange for bad sound quality. So in the end, a little known gpSP variant called gpSPmod 20090720 has great performance and sound, although it may not be able to run some problematic games.
(Updated 20160527 releases based on older version. Has cleaned up menus and the X/O buttons work correctly, but it also removed the cheat function and fullscreen scaling. It will also require frameskipping set to auto/2 to get acceptable speed.)
- wololo thread (14/05/16)
- Japanese blog (Old files for PSP)
- Axfc UpLoader (Old files for PSP~Japanese site)
- Techbroot (Works on PSP)
- Mediafire (Works on PSP)
- A great fork of gpSP you might not have heard of. Youtube (17/12/16)