Talk:Game Boy Advance emulators
What makes mGBA a piece of shit? Without proof, that edit is useless.
- What makes mGBA good? Without proof, that edit is useless. Oh right tilt sensors or whatever, literally no fucks are given about such a feature. Have any of you actually tried this emulator? Because it's shit in almost every way, it has what, less ram usage, again literally no fucks as it's 20 fucking 15.
- http://i.imgur.com/debxmZ1.png vs. http://i.imgur.com/2XDhLEV.png http://i.imgur.com/wEvOhPP.png vs. http://i.imgur.com/44Tbsmd.png -- See that frame rate, yeah and it fucking sounds terrible because of it too, and say what you will about the filter being used (eat me) but xBRZ4x should tax the emulator more no? And it still runs at 100%, mGBA with defaults can't even hit 50fps.
- Oh and mGBA option menus, LOL. http://i.imgur.com/3lE72OQ.png / http://i.imgur.com/fyBd5tL.png -- Special
- Plz enough with this edit war and name calling.
- no$GBA can't even get the software rendered 3D GBA games right (even though it does GBA/GBA link cable and Boktai somewhat good). IDeaS, higan and MESS are so rudimentary it's not even funny. THOSE are emulators deserving the "not recommended" tag.
- mGBA and VBA-M are functional (both accuracy and speed, and mGBA has an even higher compatibility and a better cheat manager than VBA-M, but lacks customized hardware renders and those debug viewers for romhacking purposes -but if we started to care about those no$gba would be the best by far, huh?- so we can't say in absolute terms mGBA isn't recommended with a straight face). They both deserve the "recommended" tag, period.
- Just imagine how laughable it would be to tag DeSMume as "not recommended" just because no$gba exists, even though DeSMume can open games no$gba simply can't. Compatibility isn't a "niche feature".
- If you have a beef with mGBA, just help with its direct competitor's article (VBA-M) and all the stuff that only it can do.
VBA-M: Recommended Or Not?
Since this edit war is going on, someone explain in detail why VBA-M is not recommended anymore and yet other similar emulators like SNES9X are still recommended. 22.214.171.124 22:05, 28 January 2016 (EST)
- Compared to mGBA, it's less accurate, less compatible, slower, and doesn't really offer any more features. Snes9x is still recommended as it's faster than bsnes/higan, and when it comes to standalones many prefer it's GUI over higan. --SonofUgly (talk) 22:46, 28 January 2016 (EST)
- MY 2 cents: VBA-M has improved a lot, is still active developed and they are adding missing feature that mGBA supports. https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m/releases. Personal opinions: compared to higan gives a lot less headache with GBA emulation (frame sync vs audio sync) and a lot better performance. It may not accurate as mGBA and as higan, but for the avarage user, it may be the best alternative to mGBA. --126.96.36.199 08:30, 17 November 2018 (EST)
Mednafen and Virtual Game Boy Advance (VGBA) do run Game Boy Advance ROMs.
What's the deal with MyBoy?
There is no explanation for it being "Not Recommended", and that's weird cause it's pretty solid for what it is and you don't have to deal with the shitty controls and bloat that comes with RetroArch.
What about Virtual Boy Advance?
Virtual Boy Advance is unreleased GB/C, VB, GBA, NDS, and 3DS emulator. Virtual Boy Advance is the unreleased mix of Gambatte, VBjin, VBA-M libretro, DeSmuME, No$GBA, VBA Link e-Reader and Citra. I think Virtual Boy Advance will be released 15 years later. --188.8.131.52 (talk)
- The fuck? Virtual Boy Advance is NOT A VB NDS 3DS emulator and NOT A MIX OF GAMBATTE VBJIN VBA-M LIBRETRO DESMUME NO$GBA VBA LINK ER-THATS NOT EVEN A FUCKING EMULATOR?! --LilShootDawg (talk) 07:49, 5 November 2018 (EST)
Not yet emulated
These systems have not been emulated yet, such as Xbox One, RDI Halcyon and Playdia.