|Type||Home video game console|
The Intellivision was a games console produced by Mattel in 1979 and was retailed for $299. It had a GI CP1610 CPU at 1 MHz. It had 524B of RAM and 932B of graphics RAM. It was notably more powerful than the Atari 2600, which was released at a similar time, and could be used with a voice synthesizer unit known as the Intellivoice, which allowed speech in its games.
|Name||Operating System(s)||Latest Version||Intellivoice||ECS||Accuracy||Libretro Core||Active||Recommended|
|jzIntv||Windows, Linux, macOS||20181225||✓||✓||High||✗||✓||✓|
(Binary) Windows, Raspberry Pi
- Bliss: First developed in early 2000's then abandoned. Afterwards, the author, Kyle Davis, tried to code it in C# and add portability but then decided to return to C++ and a simpler codebase. It has good support of Intellivoice and ECS's games but was unfortunately abandoned without much notice in 2006.
- jzIntv: Portable, no-frills Intellivision emulator. Probably the most complete and accurate Intellivision emulation available. Made by Joseph Zbiciak.
- Nostalgia: Pretty much the very best Intellivision emulator currently available (At the time by 2009). Made by Joe Fisher.
- Pantheon: Popular multi-system emulator for Windows OS covering many old computers and 1970's-1980's consoles. Shown to support Intellivoice games but no ECS games work in this software yet. Made by Boštjan Grandovec.
- MAME (Formerly part of MESS): This multi-system emulator is presumed to have good support for the Intellivision and add-ons - ECS and Intellivoice (eg. Keyboard Component).
- IntelliWare: Emulator and development kit for Intellivision. Made by Valter Prette.
- Intellivision Lives: Commercial emulator from the current copyrights owners (Blue Sky Rangers) for many of the original Intellivision games.
- IntvWin/IntvDOS: Little is known about this one. Made by John Dullea, author of PCAE (Atari 2600 emulator). IntvWin 1.1 released in 2002. The author added WinXP compatibility in IntvWin 1.3 in 2007 (File can be found at GameTronik.).
- jzIntv Launcher: Complete GUI (Graphical User Interface) frontend and menu utility for the Windows version of Joe Zbiciak's jzIntv Intellivision emulator. Made by Rich Nagel.