From Emulation General Wiki
(Redirected from Arcade)
|Name||Operating System(s)||Latest Version||# of Emulated systems||Libretro Core||Active||Recommended|
|Final Burn Alpha||Windows||0.2.97.43||Hundreds||✓||✓||✓|
|DICE||Windows, Linux, OS X||0.9||18||✗||✗||✓|
|Model 2 Emulator||Windows||1.1a||1
(Sega Model 2)
|Supermodel||Windows, Linux, OS X||0.2a
(Sega Model 3)
|Daphne||Windows, Linux, OS X||1.0.12||?
|DEmul||Windows||0.7 Build 180428||6
(NAOMI and variants)
|TeknoParrot||Windows||1.51 Hotfix #2||7
|Raine||Windows, Linux, OS X||0.64.15||1058||✗||✓||✗|
(Neo Geo, CPS1, CPS2)
|Name||Operating System(s)||Latest Version||# of Emulated systems||ROM Set||Libretro Core||Active||Recommended|
|Virtual Console||Wii||?||Various[N 2]||?||✗||✓||✓|
(CPS1, CPS2, Neo-Geo, Neo-Geo CD)
|Unofficial Mod||PlayStation Portable||2.3.1[N 3]||4
(CPS1, CPS2, Neo-Geo, Neo-Geo CD)
|MAME||Android||0.197[N 4]||?||Depends on core||✓[N 1]||✓||✓|
|MAME4droid (0.139u1)||Android||1.12||?||MAME 0.139u1||✓
|MAME4droid (0.37b5)||Android||1.5.3||?||MAME 0.37b5||✓
|Final Burn Alpha||Android||SVN||?||FBA 0.2.97.42
(based on MAME 0.187)
- RetroArch cores: mame (latest), mame2016 (0.174), mame2014 (0.159), mame2010 (0.139), mame2003 (0.78), mame2000 aka mame4all (0.37b5)
- Includes games from publishers such as Namco, Sega, Tecmo and Capcom, also Neo Geo
- Generate cache with included
- Only available on mobile as a libretro core (e.g. RetroArch).
- Very extensive in scope, with the majority of arcade system boards from the 1970's, 1980's and early 1990's supported. Do not expect support for more recent boards, such as Atomiswave. MAME focuses on accuracy and preservation, meaning usability comes second for the end user. Only the most up to date ROM dumps will work in the latest MAME. There are many MAME front-ends available.
- Final Burn Alpha
- Supports many boards, such as Neo Geo, Capcom CPS1-3, and others. It is very good for the boards it supports. The Neo-Geo X system, in fact, uses FBA. It offers much better speeds on lower-end hardware than MAME and has been ported to many different devices, such as PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Original Xbox, Sega Saturn, Android, Wii, Dingoo, and many others.
- Emulates old arcade machines from the early 1970's at a very high level of accuracy. Since these machines had no CPU, the emulator instead emulates discrete logic components in the circuit board. This method is very system-intensive, and getting full speed requires at least a mid-range gaming PC along with the 64-bit version of the emulator.
- Emulates Sega's Model 3 arcade platform focusing on accuracy. Presently, Supermodel is in a very early "alpha" stage of development, meaning it lacks many planned features. It does not yet have a user-friendly graphical interface, game compatibility remains low, and all CPUs are emulated using straightforward (and slow) interpretation rather than fast just-in-time translation.
- Model 2 Emulator
- Emulates, as per its name, Sega's Model 2 arcade platform with a focus on speed over accuracy. Despite this, however, it still manages to play games for that hardware with far higher accuracy than MAME currently can.
- Virtual Console
- Emulates Sega, Namco, Capcom and Tecmo arcade games, in addition to Neo Geo. It is a viable method for official emulation, but forces you to play like you would on a real arcade machine.