An infobox for console pages. Based on the improved Infobox emulator template, using a design closely modelled from Wikipedia with our own tweaks. Most parameters are optional but are explained below.
The order of this list of parameters is meant to match the order they are displayed in the box. You can technically place each parameter in any order you want (as opposed to
third, etc.) in the markup, but it can get confusing as the template is designed to have the values show up only one way.
- The name of the console. If no value is given, it will default to the name of the page instead, so it's highly recommended to set the parameter yourself.
- Optional. Should be used for the logo of the console (if it exists).
- Also optional. Set the width of the logo. Might be useful for logos that either exceed the size of the infobox, or have a more vertical (and thus uncomfortable) aspect ratio.
- Optional but recommended. Used to put console images in. The extra numbered parameters exist for cases where there are more than one image, possibly to represent different forms (like Nintendo Switch emulators) or different models (like PC Engine (TurboGrafx-16) emulators). The extras can also be used without the presence of the first
imageparameter, but this isn't recommended.
- Used to set the width of the images. Optional.
- Optional. Used to put a caption in. Describe both images if you use both parameters.
- Optional but recommended. Who's making the console? If the console was discontinued, then who made the console?
- Optional but recommended. What type of console is it? "Home video game console" or "Handheld game console" are the two biggest examples though you may find
"Handheld" game consoleon pages like Virtual Boy emulators.
- What generation was this console released in? Wikipedia has a comprehensive list, but you can also see our category for consoles. Optional but recommended.
- The release year of the console. Optional but recommended.
- When was the console discontinued? Optional.
- What console came before this one? Optional.
- What console came after this one? Optional.
- Is this console emulated? Required.