|Developer(s)||Sleepper, [email protected], Anweifeng, AJ Milne|
|Latest version||0.5.5 Final Edition|
PSPKVM is a free Java 2 Micro Edition emulator for PlayStation Portable.
PSPKVM is in a project to enable MIDP/JavaME applications such as mobile games, to run on PSP. Originally developed by sleeper, the project was merged with pspMe on February 12 2008.The two developers decided to continue by keeping the better advantage from both projects. On March 31, before April Fools, they updated the KVM to version 0.3.0 slightly increasing the interface and playable applications. PSPKVM is a PSP port of Sun's open-source JavaME implementation phoneMEFeature. The objective of the phoneME project is to further expand the usage of Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME platform) technology in the mobile handset market. The project scope includes a focus on the mainstream feature phone segment with phoneME Feature software, and the emerging advanced phone segment with phoneME Advanced software. Our goal in making these technologies available to the Mobile & Embedded Community is to reduce implementation variation, increase the rate of innovation and enable new devices to leverage the power of the Java ME platform.
- j2me collection
- Nokia UI APIs (partial)
- WMA1.1 (JSR120) stub
- Networking (via the PSP's WiFi connection)
- Java AMS with MVM support
- Several input methods : QWERTY/Abc/Symbol/...
- Directly browse and run from local jad/jar file, and auto-install without interrupting
- JPEG support
- MIDI & Wave audio playback support
- Device emulation. You can choose a device type to emulate for different screen sizes and key codes,
either at MIDlet installation time or from the "Select device" menu
- Custom key assignment per application
- JSR75(File Connection)
- Virtual Keyboard Input
- Chinese Input (Pinyin, Stroke)
- JSR179 (GPS)
- FreeType2 font support
- JSR 226 (SVG)
- JSR 172 (Web Service)
- MP3 playback
- Ability to install jar/jad files from Memory stick/via Wifi
- Internet Connection for J2ME apps
- Various keyboard options even internal OSK
- Ability to use various profiles in order to get the best experience on your device
- Easy to use application launcher
- Compatible with a whole variety of J2ME applications
- Graphic optimization (High)
- JSR184 (Low)
- MIPS JIT compiler and Interpreter generator (Low)
- Not running on 5.02 Gen-A firmware
- javacall_file_truncate isn't ported, so some file truncating operations, including some RMS operations, may not work as expected
- Multimedia temporary files may be left on your memory stick occasionally, especially after a VM crash. They're usually not big, but if you want to delete them manually, go to your PSP's /PSP/GAME/pspkvm/ directory, find the files whose names look like xxxxxxxx_tmp_mus.mid, and delete them.
- Fileconnection rmdir operation may fail for unknown reasons.
- LocationProvider.getState() will always return AVAILABLE once the GPS is initialized, so LocationListener.providerStateChanged() doesn't work as expected.