|Emulates||Game Boy Advance|
gpSP is an open-source Game Boy Advance emulator created by Exophase for the PlayStation Portable. Compatibility is very good and is recommended for using GBA ports of SNES games rather than SNES emulators themselves due to poor focus on the PSP. Its open-source nature makes it a good candidate for porting to similar lightweight platforms like the Raspberry Pi.
- gpSP 0.9
- gpSPmod (2009-07-20)
- gpSP-J (2012-06-16)
- gpSP Kai 3.4 Test 3 Build 152
- gpSP 0.9.2.8 (App for Pandora's open-source handheld PC.)
gpSP 0.9 is the last official release by Exophase. It has since been forked and improved upon by other developers, like gpSPmod and gpSP-J. While gpSP-J has more compatibility, gpSPmod has more options for customization (full screen, cheats, etc), but both are better options than Kai.
The variant gbSPmod is a fork of gbSP for the PSP. It is generally recommended to use either gpSPmod or gpSP-J (Rather than original gbSP or gPSP Kai).
- Guide on GitHub
- Emulation General wikia (Download links for all gbSP forks for PSP)
- Brewology (PSP applications site)
- EmuCR.com (Download)
TempGBA was a Game Boy Advance emulator written for the Supercard DSTWO, a third-party flash cart where GBA ROMs can be installed on to play on the GBA. An open-source BIOS file (Based on VBA-M's high-level BIOS emulation) made by Normmatt was bundled with this emulator. Though, a legal GBA BIOS should offer better compatibility. The latest version was 1.45, dated 2013-09-14.
It is based on:
- gameplaySP (gpSP) 0.9 by Exophase, with help from various GBA developers
- gpSP Kai unofficial 3.3 by Takka
- The CATSFC GUI by ShadauxCat and Nebuleon (improving over BAGSFC) with language files contributed by the GBAtemp community for CATSFC
- GBAtemp's thread by the author, Nebuleon
- Compatibility wiki
- Download (The Emulation Realm)
- Libretro port (Works on PSP only)
- Main article: Emulators on PSP#Game Boy Advance
There is also a version likewise based on the gbSP built for Sony's PlayStation Portable called TempGBA4PSP. A Japanese coder modeled it after TempGBA for the NDS. It may work with problematic titles like Golden Sun and Kingdom Hearts. However, it and another emulator named gPSP-J have mixed performance results on the PSP. One alternative that has good performance is gPSP Kai that can be used in exchange for bad sound quality. So in the end, a little known gbSP variant called gpSPmod 20090720 has great performance and sound, although it may not be able to run some problematic games.
- TempGBA4PSP-mod's GitHub (Updated 2016 releases based on older version. Has cleaned up menus and the X/O buttons work correctly, but it also removed the cheat function and fullscreen scaling. It will also require frameskipping set to auto/2 to get acceptable speed.)
- Reddit thread (Aug 29, 2014)
- Filetrip.net (Latest version without GitHub's mod)
- Japanese blog (Old download files for PSP & NDS here)
- Axfc UpLoader (Japanese site. Old files.)
- A great fork of gPSP you might not have heard of. Youtube (2016-12-17)