An infobox for emulators on platform pages to support more types. Based on the Infobox console template, using a design closely modelled from Wikipedia with our own tweaks. Most parameters are optional but are explained below.
The order of this list of parameters is meant to match the order they are displayed in the box. You can technically place each parameter in any order you want (as opposed to
third, etc.) in the markup, but it can get confusing as the template is designed to have the values show up only one way.
- The name of the platform. If no value is given, it will default to the name of the page instead, so it's highly recommended to set the parameter yourself.
- Should be used for the logo of the platform (if it exists). Optional.
- Set the width of the logo. Might be useful for logos that either exceed the size of the infobox, or have a more vertical (and thus uncomfortable) aspect ratio. Also optional.
- Who's making the platform? If the platform was discontinued, then who made the platform? Optional but recommended.
- What type of platform is it? Leave it unanswered and it will say "Unidentified". Required.
- The initial release year of the platform. Optional but recommended.
- When was the platform discontinued? Optional.
- The earliest major release in the line. Optional.
- The latest major release in the line. Optional.
- What platform came before this one? Optional.
- What platform came after this one? Optional.