I'd like to ask why Dipswitch is so hellbent on keeping portalroms, since it is a broken website that doesn't work with any web browser due to how f**kily put together it is. Unless there are certain instructions on how to properly use the site, in which those should be listed. F0rZ3r0 (talk) 23:39, 17 December 2017 (EST)
- It's possible the website is a scam, since I clicked on “DOWNLOAD!” and nothing happened.
- It worked before, but such is life and it's as if sites like these get taken down regularly the more this page gets linked. Ah well. We discussed that and F0rZ3er0 was indeed right about portalroms and we removed it, but somehow the link was restored. I find it pointless to maintain this page, so feel free to remove any non working links. Dipswitch (talk) 20:21, 9 March 2018 (EST)
Reverted Download Section
When I checked this page today, a majority of the Downloads section was gone and what was there was repeated 4 times. I've reverted the changes as best as I know how to how the section was before the change that removed -11,181 characters from the article. --ElizabethNoir (talk) 14:27, 7 February 2018 (EST)
- There's an ongoing overhaul to this page precisely because of how much it's linked to elsewhere and to adress that need to the best interest of this wiki and the ressources within. The repeated links are a mistake, and a regrettable display of a lack of effort. I will fix that shortly. Dipswitch (talk) 22:18, 7 February 2018 (EST)
Broken Sega CD Redump page
The Redump Sega CD link needs to be changed. All of the files are not available for download.
- The internet archive shut down many sets linked here but getting rid of the whole archive section is not a solution. The link should stay since the files are there and some users can still download the torrent files inside those sets with some site scrapers for those files, and removed if the whole set is deleted, not just normally inaccessible. If you find a working link or uploaded a set, do add it later in the page. Dipswitch (talk) 22:07, 19 March 2018 (EDT)
- It doesn't matter at all that the files are "restricted," and this page is an outdated one and has no instructions for a workaround.
- It's not "outdated", it just gets more attention and more strikes. The Sega CD Redump link he's talking about is the exact same link. Dipswitch (talk) 22:28, 21 March 2018 (EDT)
- Did you not see this in this page? "If downloads are restricted (greyed out), copy the file name and append it to the end of the URL (ie: https://archive.org/downloads/NameOfPack -> https://archive.org/downloads/NameOfPack/ROMPack.zip) " If OP is talking about how it needs to be changed, then it means he saw this.
- I was the one that put it there and found the workaround to begin with. Forgot about that :P