Jump to navigation Jump to search
Save converters can change a save from one format to another. Emulators can sometimes use a different file format.
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/ps1/dexdrive - Convert DexDrive (.gme) files to emulator (.mcr) or extract individual saves
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/ps1/ps3 - Convert PS1 Classics on PS3 (.PSV) files to emulator (.mcr) or convert to individual save
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/ps1/emulator - Extract individual saves to/from emulator (.mcr) files
- MemCard Rex
- Aldo's Tool Memory Card Manager
PlayStation 1<->PlayStation Portable
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/ps1/psp - Convert PSP (.vmp) files to/from emulator (.mcr) files, or extract individual saves
- PS1<->PSP Save Converter - Converts PS1 (.mcr) to PSP's PS1 (.vmp) save format and vice versa.
- vita-mcr2vmp - signs PSOne MCR files to create VMP files for use with Sony Vita/PSP and exports MCR files from VMP
Game Boy Advance
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/gba/gameshark Convert GBA Gameshark (.sps) saves to/from raw/battery saves
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/gba/gameshark-sp Convert GBA Gameshark SP (.gsv) saves to/from raw/battery saves
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/gba/action-replay Convert GBA Action Replay (.xps) saves to/from raw/battery saves
- gbaconv Converts GBA battery saves between VBA-M and the VBA-Next core of RetroArch. Note that most games will work without conversion, but some may break entirely without converting (e.g. Ninja Five-O).
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/n64/dexdrive Convert N64 DexDrive (.n64) files to/from emulator/controller pak saves. Also can extract cart saves within the DexDrive file for direct use in emulators
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/n64/controller-pak Extract or build N64 Controller Pak (.mpk) files to/from individual saves. Also can extract cart saves within the Controller Pak file for direct use in emulators
- pj64tosrm (windows binaries here) converts eep, mpk, fla and sra files to libretro-mupen64plus srm files. Just drag the files onto the executable and an srm file should be generated on the same folder the input files came from. You can also drop a libretro-mupen64plus srm file on the tool to extract the original files. DexDrive and Adaptoid64 saves are not supported yet.
- It is possible to use 512-byte eep files with libretro-mupen64+ simply by renaming the file to srm, but reversing the operation requires pj64tosrm. Bigger eep files require pj64tosrm due to a mistake during the implementation of srm support in the early days of the mupen64+ port to the libretro API.
-  Convert eep, sra, fla, mpk to or from retroarch save. Also byteswaps saves for playing to or from Wii/WiiU and PC.
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/sega-cd Change the size of Sega CD backup RAM files: different emulators support different sizes. Also allows you to convert an internal memory file to a RAM cart file or vice versa. And you can split out and recombine the saves within any file as needed.
Wii Virtual Console
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/wii Convert Wii Virtual Console files (*.bin) into formats loadable by emulators (NES/SNES/N64/TG-16/SMS/Genesis/Neo Geo/C64)
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/mister Convert MiSTer saves to/from emulator format
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/flash-carts Convert saves from flash carts (e.g. Everdrive/EZ Flash/Mega SD) to/from emulator format
Nintendo Switch Online
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/nintendo-switch-online Convert saves to/from Nintendo Switch Online format. Requires access to homebrew software on the Switch
Retron 5 / RetroFreak
- https://savefileconverter.com/#/retron-5 Convert saves from a Retron 5 / RetroFreak to/from emulator format