Jump to navigation Jump to search
List of PlayStation 1 emulator plugins. See Recommended PS1 Plugins for what's recommended.
- PEOPS OpenGL 1.78 - Comes with PCSX-R. Has an anti-jitter function labeled "GTE accuracy", and allows driver-forced AA. Despite being open source this plugin wasn't updated for years either and has inferior feature set compared to OpenGL2, gpuBladeSoft and even GSDX.
- Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 - More accurate and compatible than OpenGL 1.78. It allows you to set a custom rendering resolution for within the fullscreen box, aka window resolution and has support for shaders. Unfortunately this plugin is closed source and wasn't updated for years.
- PeteOpenGL2Tweak-PeteOpenGL2Tweak is a PSEMU Pro compatible plug-in that patches PeteOpenGL2 plugin on runtime and adds GTE Accuracy hack.
- Edgbla's gpuBladeSoft 1.42a-Very accurate and has a lot of options for enhancements and shaders, but renders everything on CPU so can be very demanding at high resolutions. Fairly buggy past native rendering resolution as well, with texture misalignment issues and whatnot. Its same as Pete's OpenGL2 closed source and wasn't updated for years. But there is some hope author will release new version.
- GSDX: GSDX development is now exclusively focused on PCSX2, but it could formerly be used in PSX mode. It's limited to software rendering and has inferior feature set compared to PCSX2 mode, but it's notable for being the only open source PSX plugin which can increase internal resolution. This plugin cannot take advantage of recent PSX backwards compatibility improvements in PCSX2, as PCSX2 integrated all plugins and dropped PSX support from GSdx prior to this.
- GSDX 0.1.16- Download link includes an older version of GSdx with PSX emulator support. GSDX uses DirectX and is currently able to utilize DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 APIs, supports the use of external fx shaders with a wide range of improvements, recent versions of the shaders may not be compatible with all graphics cards. GSDX 0.1.16 needs a considerable amount of configuration, it has jittering problems, and it must use synchronized audio in order to run at a stable speed.
- Modified PEOp.S. Soft GPU Plugin with Zenju's xBRZ filter.
- New PSX GPU Plugin AmiDog its again closed source.
- Asmodean's PSXFX shader pack
- Lewpy's Glide 1.42 - for 3DFX cards.
- Kazzuya's Soft GPU 1.8a
- P.E.Op.S 1.10 beta - Recommended for most games and setups (in order to use turbo, the mode needs to be set to 2: Async Simple; it will not work with 3 or 4).
- Eternal SPU 1.5 - Useful for the few games/PCs that have issues with P.EOp.S.
- spuPeopsSound (XAudio2 fix for PEC) v1.10
- Andy's SPU 0.16
- LilyPad latest SVN (The plugin comes with PCSX2, go into the plugin folder and pull out the file that says lilypad.dll and put it in the emulator your plan on using's plugin folder). Set keyboard input to raw also, otherwise you wont be able to use hotkeys.
- Pokopom XInput Pad Plugin Meant for DualShock controllers running under SCP server or a similar XInput wrapper. This is a great, light-weight plugin with a lot of options, such as the ability to switch the bindings of the cross and circle buttons around for Japanese imports. It doesn't have any button binding options, but since it's meant for mapping an emulated DualShock controller to an actual DualShock controller, you don't really need to rebind anything. You can also edit the analog stick deadzones, which many PSX input plugins don't let you do. Also, it supports PCSX2. If you have a DualShock controller running under an XInput wrapper, this is really the best plugin without a doubt.
Use the following if you're using a PS3 controller:
- LilyPad-SCP (Comes with the SCP driver)
This pack has preconfigured versions of both the regular and SCP versions of LilyPad: