|Original developer(s)||Ben Vanik (Initial work. Retired 2016.)|
|Current developer(s)||DrChat (Also worked with B. Vanik), Rick Gibbed and Xenia community|
|Support ($)||Patreon, Patreon (gibbed)|
Xenia is an experimental, open-source Xbox 360 emulator for Windows and Linux that is under regular development. It was the very first open-source Xbox 360 emulator to achieve the feat of running a commercial Xbox 360 game, Frogger 2.
Xenia started in development sometime around 2013 as a side project by Ben Vanik. It is currently the first and only Xbox 360 emulator available (barring the official for Xbox One).
A programmer called 'Triang3l' has been working on a brand new DirectX 12 graphics API backend for Xenia since July 18, 2018, which is totally different from the old code in their emulation quality. This new solution is able to emulate the 360's 10MB EDRAM memory for frame buffers which the older code didn't cover. Triang3l is also building a different, faster and more accurate memory emulation, which should lead to less broken vertices and textures being seen in-game.
- Compatibility list
- Daily compatibility chart Chart is updated daily and easy to read.
- Unofficial Compatibility list. This compatibility list gets updated with DirectX12 builds.
- OS: Windows 8 or 10 (64-bit)
- CPU: AVX or AVX2 support (Sandy Bridge or newer)
- GPU: Vulkan compatible
- Misc.: XInput compatible controller
- Discord channel
- r/Xenia reddit
- Informative overview on building an emulator (Xenia blog)
- A-Train HX running at 60 FPS on Xenia
- XENIA 1.05ML - Multi Test (Gameplay) Vulkan api #1 (Emulators for PC. Jun 26, 2018. 10 games.)
- XENIA 1.06ML - XBLA Games. Part 1 (Multi Test) Vulkan api #1 (Emulators for PC. Jul 1, 2018.)
- XENIA - Vulkan VS DirectX 12 (Gameplay) Multi Test #1 (Emulators for PC. Published on Sep 20, 2018.)