|Developer(s)||Stefano Teso (sthief), Bart Trzynadlowski (trzy), Ville Linde (vlinde), Ian (dukeeeey)|
|Platform(s)||Windows, Linux, macOS|
|Emulates||Sega Model 3|
|Source code||SourceForge |
Supermodel is an open-source Sega Model 3 emulator written in C++.
Recommended places to download the latest builds:
- Official SourceForge's source files only (Click on the 'Download Snapshot' tab button)
- Official Supermodel forum thread (Changelog only)
- Emu-France (French language)
- - Emu-France (Windows XP version)
It seems that this emulator requires you to use a command-line interface to boot up a ROM game. There is an alternative way with a frontend (To be put in the same folder as Supermodel).
- Sega Model 3 UI - New 2019 open-source frontend for Windows made by Nuexzz from Argentina. He has also previously created a similarly styled Sega Model 2 UI for the inactive, closed-source Sega Model 2 emulator called Model 2 Emulator.
- - Emu-France (French language. SuperModel-UI v0.9.151. Updated: 16/09/2013.)
- - Emu-France (French language. SuperModel-UI Snapshots v1.0. Updated: 29/02/2012.)
The original Supermodel effort was undertaken by Ville Linde (vlinde), Stefano Teso (sthief), and Bart Trzynadlowski (trzy) from 2003. The PowerPC emulator is originally by Ville Linde and the Sega Custom Sound Processor emulator was donated by ElSemi (Aka Miguel Ãngel Horna. Coder of old emulators like Nebula, CPS3 Emulator and Model 2 Emulator). Development began in January 2011 after Bart rewrote it from scratch in late 2010 and got it to a playable state. The first version of Supermodel was released on April 1, 2011. It is being created by Bart Trzynadlowski, Ville Linde, and Stefano Teso. Ian (dukeeeey) is another active contributor.
Supermodel is written in C++ and uses OpenGL and SDL. On Windows, it supports force feedback and Xbox 360 controllers.