Difference between revisions of "PCem"
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
Revision as of 02:56, 16 January 2020
PCem (an acronym for Personal Computer emulator) is an open-source, low-level PC emulator developed for Windows and Linux by Sarah Walker. It focuses on PC hardware from the 1980's and 1990's. A variety of operating systems can be installed in the emulator, which can then be used to launch programs.
|Latest Stable builds|
To run any program, an operating system needs to be installed in PCem first. It has a dynamic recompiler in the works that give accurate Pentium support. It can also emulate numerous 2D and 3D cards, even the S3 ViRGE, which no other emulator supports.
Voodoo support used to be extremely slow, relying on frame skipping to stay full speed. However, in recent builds, this has changed with the introduction of a dynamic recompiler for the Voodoo. It is supposedly at least twice as fast as before, though some apps see up to a 4x increase in speed.
- 3dfx Voodoo Graphics
- 3dfx Voodoo2 (SLI is also supported)
- ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (Mach64)
- ATI VGA Edge-16
- ATI VGA Charger
- ATI Video Xpression (Mach64VT2)
- Cirrus GD5429
- Diamond Stealth3d 2000 (ViRGE/325)
- Hercules InColor
- Number Nine 9FX (Trio64)
- Paradise Bahamas 64 (Vision864)
- OAK OTI-067
- Obsidian SB50 (Voodoo Graphics w/ 2 TMUs)
- Olivetti GO481 (Paradise PVGA1A)
- Phoenix S3 Trio32
- Phoenix S3 Trio64
- S3 ViRGE/DX
- Tseng ET4000AX
- Tseng ET4000/W32p
- Trident 8900D
- Trident TGUI9440
Fixed graphics adapters for the Olivetti M24, PCjr, Amstrad PC1512/1640/PC2086/PC3086, IBM PS1/2, and Tandy are also emulated.
- Adlib Gold (with Surround module support)
- Game Blaster / Creative Music System
- Gravis Ultrasound
- Innovation SSI-2001 (essentially a PC version of the SID)
- Sound Blaster 1.0 / 1.5 / 2.0
- Sound Blaster Pro v1 / v2
- Sound Blaster 16 / AWE32
- Sound Blaster PCI 128 / Ensoniq AudioPCI (ES1371)
- Windows Sound System
Fixed sound hardware in the PCjr and Tandy machines are also emulated.
- Novell NE2000
- Adaptec AHA-1542C
- Buslogic BT-545S
- Longshine LCS-6821N
- Rancho RT1000B