- MAME and MESS sets.
- No-Intro (2016-01-03) for cartridge based systems.
- ReDump 3DO
- ReDump PS1 USA set. Requires login.
- ReDump GameCube USA set.
- ReDump Saturn Complete set (2015-09-13). Includes manuals and magazines.
- ReDump Dreamcast set (2015-09-20). Missing 19 games. Includes manuals.
- ReDump Sega CD set for all regions. Missing Battle Fantasy/Revengers of Vengeance. Includes DAT files to verify with ClrMamePro.
- TOSEC (The Old School Emulation Center) sets.
- Vintage Software Many DOS collections and older games.
- Retrotvdan PSP set A lot of PSP games.
- Hint: add an / after the zip/rar/tar extension in the URL links for the direct downloads to view that archive's contents online and download them individually instead of the whole obscenely huge data blob.
- Atarimania Contains a complete Atari 2600 ROM set.
- The ISO Zone Many systems and PC
- Planet Emulation Very old, weekly updated and classy French ROM site, full MAME CHDs, also good for GBA ROMs. Just click on "Telecharger" for download.
- Emuparadise Good for No-Intro sets (Require registration). Hosts a lot of bad disc rips with no indication.
- Doperoms Has some ReDump PSX/GCN among other things.
- ROM Hustler Has Renascene PSP dumps. Various platforms, mostly handhelds.
- Nyaa Torrents Useful for Japanese games.
- World of Spectrum For ZX Spectrum games and applications as well magazines, cover art, booklets, and much more.
- MAME Directly from the MAME site. Games that were released with permission for free and non-commercial use.
- Nicoblog A site where people can share their games.
- PSNdl PSN Packages direct from Sony. Can get official psx eboots here. Decrypt the files with psnpkgdecryptor-extractor
- Portal Roms Torrent site for ROMs and ISOs. Mostly Nintendo stuff. Especially good for Wii U, Wii, and no-intro 3DS.
- RomToHome Slow free downloads for ISOs and ROMs from a variety of consoles including (but not limited to) PS2, Wii, 3DS, DS and PSP.
- RuTracker Account required for some stuff, site entirely in Russian, use translate if you really need to.)
- Romulation Useful for Wii, GameCube, NDS etc, may be no-intro rips. (Account required)
- Pleasuredome Great private tracker for getting full sets of many systems (No-Intro, Goodsets, Trurip, Redump, TOSEC). Does not allow newer systems. Strict ratio site that requires you to maintain a positive upload to download ratio.
User Uploaded Direct-Download (Forum post) Sites*
Use some common sense while downloading!
- 3dschaos.com 3DS games, including 3DS Cia and Roms; but also retro Nintendo games like NES, N64, GBA.
- wiiuchaos.com Wii U games
- pspiso.com PSP and PS1 games
- wiiso.com Mostly Wii games, but also other Nintendo games
- ps3iso.com Many 'premium-only' links.
- 3dsiso.com 3DS games
- Decrypted 3DS games for Citra.
- warez-bb.org General warez site.
- Rom Shepherd Great site to request or fill requests for ROMs. Also has an invite only tracker, but do not ask for an invite on the forums, only privately.
*All require registration.
Verifying Good Dumps
- Main article: File_Hashes#Determining_Good_Game_Dumps
Game recommendations are highly subjective, but big lists like these usually cover the worthwhile games for each system.
- /v/'s Recommended Games Wiki
- Retro-Sanctuary's Top 100 Lists
- Racketboy's Defining Games
- Racketboy's Hidden Gems
Searching for ISOs
A lot of the above sites have ISOs for disc-based games, but some of the more obscure titles can be hard to find. If you want to find these games, searching for their ID number is generally more effective than searching for their title. Both Mobygames and GameFAQs will list these under the game's release information. This number is region specific and is very useful if you want to find an ISO from a specific region.
These can sometimes come in handy when you need download lots of links and you can't be bothered to manually deal with 13 different parts every 20 minutes, they are also sometimes a necessity when you're faced with a .DLC file, you will then need something like JDownloader to download what you're after. Below are just some of the more popular Downloaders.
NOTE: DO NOT install JDownloader with the web installer, it contains toolbars, adware, malware, etc. Use the offline installers.
pyLoad - An alternative for JDownloader that does not require Java to be installed, it's open-sourced too.