|Active||No (See issues)|
melonDS is a work-in-progress Nintendo DS emulator aiming for better performance than DeSmuMe and to emulate Wi-Fi and local multiplayer capabilities. It was being developed by StapleButter, a former contributor to DeSmuMe. It has been available as a LibRetro core since version 1.6.
It is available for download at the official website.
From the README on GitHub:
- melonDS requires BIOS/firmware copies from a DS. Files required:
- bios7.bin, 16KB: ARM7 BIOS
- bios9.bin, 4KB: ARM9 BIOS
- firmware.bin, 256KB: firmware
- Firmware boot requires a firmware dump from an original DS or DS Lite. DS firmwares dumped from a DSi or 3DS aren't bootable and only contain configuration data, thus they are only suitable when booting games directly.
- DS BIOS dumps from a 3DS can be used with no compatibility issues. DSi BIOS dumps should be usable too, provided they were dumped properly.