Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 11:22, 12 April 2015 by MarkyVigoroth (I modified the feature-list with accordance with the features in the new release.)
|OS:||Windows, OS X|
|Authors:||Jeffrey Pfau (endrift)|
mGBA is an open source emulator of the Game Boy Advance. The goals are speed and accuracy.
- 9 savestate slots. Savestates are also viewable as screenshots.
- A built-in BIOS implementation, and ability to load external BIOS files.
- Ability to lock aspect ratio
- Ability to prevent opposing directional input
- Ability to switch which game controller is in use per instance
- Add option to skip BIOS start screen
- Add scale presets for up to 6x
- Automatically detect and optimize out idle loops
- Better audio resampling via blip-buf
- Bilinear resampling option
- Cheat code support
- Configurable emulation rewinding.
- Configurable game overrides
- Controller profiles for setting different bindings for different controllers
- Drag and drop game loading
- Fast emulation. Known to run at full speed even on low end hardware, such as netbooks.
- Frameskip, configurable up to 9.
- Game debugging via a command-line interface (not available with Qt port) and GDB remote support.
- Game Pak overrides dialog for setting savetype and sensor values
- Implemented BIOS routines SoftReset, RegisterRamReset, Diff8bitUnFilterWram, Diff8bitUnFilterVram, and Diff16bitUnFilter
- IPS, UPS and BPS patch support.
- Libretro core for use with RetroArch and other front-ends
- List of recently opened games
- Loading from ZIP and 7z files.
- Local link cable support
- Near full Game Boy Advance hardware support.
- Qt and SDL ports for a heavy-weight and a light-weight frontend.
- Real-time clock support, even without configuration.
- Remappable controls for both keyboards and gamepads.
- Remappable shortcuts for keyboard and gamepad
- Rewinding of emulation
- Runtime configurable audio driver
- Save directory of last loaded file
- Save type detection, even for flash memory size.
- Screenshot support.
- Settings window
- Support BPS patches
- Support for gamepad axes, e.g. analog sticks or triggers
- Support for games using the Solar Sensor
- Support for games using the tilt sensor
- Support IPv6
- Support loading 7-Zip files
- Turbo/fast-forward support by holding Tab.
- Video and GIF recording.
- Warning dialog if an unimplemented BIOS feature is called
Nightlies also support:
- 4-player multiplayer
- Cheat code support
- Gyroscope support
- Modification of RTC (permits fast berry-growing in Pokémon games)
- Solar support (needed for Boktai games)
- Tilt support
- A comprehensive debug suite
- Audio filtering support
- Dolphin/JOY bus link cable support
- e-Reader support
- Hardware renderer
- Import/Export of GameShark and Action Replay save files
- Lua support for scripting
- Networked multiplayer link cable support
- OpenEmu support
- Plugin system
- Re-recording support for tool-assist runs
- Video filtering support (including desaturation support and texture filtering)
- Wireless adapter support