Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Latest version||Commit 6e4ce45 (2020/08/12)|
GBARunner2 is a hypervisor that runs GBA games on DS/DSi/3DS in DS mode, basically like Nintendont does for running Gamecube games on Wii.
- For better compatibility, place a GBA BIOS on your SD card. Either /bios.bin, /gba/bios.bin, or /_gba/bios.bin will work.
- Note: Do not use Normmatt's open-source GBA BIOS. It won't work, as many patches are applied at fixed addresses. The right checksums are listed below.
- If you have a GBA folder on the root of your SD card, this folder will be opened by default.
- Do NOT use SRAM patches unless stated on the wiki. They cause problems with the internal patching of GBARunner2 and may actually break saving.
- If you are using GBARunner2 with TWiLight Menu++ on a DSi or 3DS with the SD card, make sure you use the dldi on ARM7 build.
- GBARunner2 supports custom border frames if put in sd:/_gba/frames. An example of one can be found in this post and there is a Google Doc guide on making your own.
- If you want to use existing save files, they should have the same name as the GBA file but should have the .sav extension (i.e. the save for mygame.gba is mygame.sav).
GBARunner2 does not need any frontends, but it is recommended to use TWiLight Menu++.