- 1 PCSX-R
- 2 ZXE-D: Legend of Plasmalite
- 3 PSXACT
- 4 Miss important historical PSX emulator!
- 5 PCSX-Redux
- 6 Duckstation now available as libretro core
- 7 Mednafen PSX and Beetle should be split in the table
- 8 pSXfin reference is broken
- 9 PCSX-Reloaded (PCSXR) Is Still Active In-Development
- 10 Update ares URL
- 11 add Wii psx
- 12 WiiSXRX has Wii U support
- 13 Is it desirable to have a Plugin available?
- 14 Duckstation not active?
- 15 XEBRA: XEBRA is not actual name
We need to do something about PCSXR. The page sings the praise of the emulator too highly. I consider it only moderately better than epsxe, but it is still a plugin and glitchy mess.
Many recent builds are broken too. At the very least we should find the latest one that works right and link to that one. --220.127.116.11 22:26, 13 April 2014 (EDT)
- Oh, wow, a very old message from four years ago... Yeah, I think we all kinda agree about PCSX-R being a plugin-based mess and I see that its ongoing development is stuttering a bit. However, good news is RetroArch has got that good Beetle PSX core (still not perfect compatibility for everything); MEDNAFEN is excellent but unfortunately has got no debugging tools for ANY of its core (not good for romhacking or bugfixes). It's very strange that, despite all this time and the burgeoning field, there is not a very large number of recommended PSX emulators for desktop PC's.
- To me, Avocado seems very promising and is being well made and relatively easy to use, I imagine. But it's being made solely by a Polish developer so progress will not be very fast. We see on the main page that the PCSX-R fork bundled with the PGXP graphical enhancement plugin is good. ObiKKa (talk) 03:20, 7 December 2018 (EST)
ZXE-D: Legend of Plasmalite
It should be noted that this game cannot be emulated by any emulator because it uses an external device (assemblable robots with parts) which connects to the memory card slot to show an exact replica of your robot during gameplay. No efforts have ever been made, and nobody is interested or maybe documentation/device availability is lacking.
Can anyone find evidence to this project still being active? The github page linked 404s and google isn't helping me.
- It moved to gitlab.
Miss important historical PSX emulator!
"Connectix VGS" was the first commercial emulator for PS1 and therefore deserves to be included in this list.
Can anyone add PCSX-Redux (https://github.com/grumpycoders/pcsx-redux), which is another fork of PCSX?
Also, can anyone tell me why they disabled the Edit function on the whole page of PlayStation_emulators?
Duckstation now available as libretro core
Good afternoon, everyone. I noticed DuckStation added libretro support a few days back, according to their commit log on GitHub. I tried to edit this information here myself, but it seems the whole page is edit-protected. So, could someone please mark DuckStation (desktop) as libretro-compatible? Thanks. Duckplc (talk) 15:41, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
Mednafen PSX and Beetle should be split in the table
As it stands now, I believe the table is somewhat misleading to newcomers, since it doesn't make it clear that libretro's Beetle PSX core is heavily modified from the Mednafen core. This distinction is mentioned below the table, but could be made clear right away in the able itself. My proposal would be to add an additional row for Beetle PSX. Duckplc (talk) 15:45, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
pSXfin reference is broken
The footnote reference to a compatibility list for pSXfin is broken
A working link is on the page for pSXfin itself
PCSX-Reloaded (PCSXR) Is Still Active In-Development
PCSX-Reloaded (PCSXR) is still active in-development. (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/iCatButler/pcsxr/build/artifacts)
Update ares URL
add Wii psx
Add list WiiSXRX is WiiSX
WiiSXRX has Wii U support
Is it desirable to have a Plugin available?
The list on plugins is positive, but the plugins are no longer being developed and I think it's a negative option nowadays.
Duckstation not active?
XEBRA: XEBRA is not actual name
I am Japanese. XEBRA is not an official software name. the text of official website says "Emyutte-shimauma (abbreviated as XEBRA)" will be released." This is a joke with pronunciation in the same Japanese! Shimauma (Zebra) and do-Shimau ("can't help doing").