|Latest version||v24.8.0 [+]|
|Programmed in||C++, C|
TWiLight Menu++, often abbreviated to "TWL Menu++", is an open-source DSi Menu upgrade/replacement for the Nintendo DSi, the Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo DS flashcarts. It can launch Nintendo DS, SNES, NES, GameBoy (color), GameBoy Advance, TurboGrafX-16, XEGS, Atari 2600, 5200 and 7800 games, as well as Sega GameGear/Master System & Mega Drive/Genesis ROMs, as well as DSTWO plugins (if you use a DSTWO) and videos. It can be used as a frontend for either nds-bootstrap or supported flashcarts.
- Launch DS ROMs from the SD card and/or flashcard, via nds-bootstrap (comes included with the app)
- Run GBA ROMs from the SD card or flashcard using GBARunner2.
- Support for multiple languages.
- Automatic on-the-fly AP-patching. Load the game and the patches should be applied if found (patching is done in RAM, leaving the original ROM untouched).
- Includes emulators for the following systems and can launch the ROM through the menu:
- A5200DS - (Atari 5200)
- A7800DS - (Atari 7800 ProSystem)
- ColecoDS - (ColecoVision)
- GameYob - (GB/GBC)
- GBARunner2 - (GBA)
- jEnesisDS - (Sega Megadrive/Genesis)
- nesDS - (NES)
- NGPDS - (Neo Geo Pocket)
- Nintellivision - (Intellivision)
- NitroGrafx - (PC-Engine)
- NitroSwan - (WonderSwan)
- PicoDriveTWL - (Genesis/Mega Drive)
- S8DS - (GG/MS/SG-1000)
- SNEmulDS - (SNES)
- StellaDS - (Atari 2600)
- XEGS-DS - (Atari 800XL/XEGS)
- On the 3DS, can play DS games in 16:10 widescreen (requires additional setup; not every game is supported).
- For DSi/3DS/2DS users: Overclock games to 133MHz, faster than the normal DS clock speed of 67MHz, and change sound frequency from 32kHz to 48kHz for higher sound quality.
- For flashcards, the flashcard kernel/firmware can optionally be used to boot the games.
- Customizable menus.
TWiLight Menu++ can be used on the DS (from a flashcart), DSi, and 3DS. More information can be found on the GBAtemp Thread or official wiki. For details on how to install, please read the installation guide.
SNEmulDS: Some games cannot load as they are know as Large Roms. Sometimes games do not work at all as the emulator is still a work in progress.
jEnesisDS: The screen will always be too wide for the DS screen due to it's Aspect Ratio. It cannot be changed.