|Platform(s)||Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS|
TWiLight Menu++ is an open-source DSi Menu upgrade/replacement & customizable unified interface for the Nintendo DSi, the Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo DS flashcards. It can launch Nintendo DS, DSi Enhanced, DSiWare (only on DSi, except for the latest version of nds-bootstrap, which can play two DSiWare games, even on the DS!) SNES, NES, GameBoy (color), GameBoy Advance (using GBARunner2), Sega GameGear/Master System & Mega Drive/Genesis ROMs, as well as DSTWO plugins (if you use a DSTWO) and .rvid videos using RocketVideo Technology. It can be used as a frontend for either nds-bootstrap or supported flashcards.
- Launch DS(i) ROMs from the SD card and/or flashcard, via nds-bootstrap (comes included with the app)!
- Run GBA ROMs from the SD card or flashcard, using GBARunner2.
- For flashcards, the flashcard kernel/firmware can optionally be used to boot the games.
- Automatic on-the-fly AP-patching! Drag and drop your ROMs onto the SD card, and play, without any additional steps!
- The included AP-patches are loaded for a specific game, by nds-bootstrap, and the patching is done in RAM, leaving your original ROM untouched.
- Bring the DSi Menu to your DS Phat/lite, by putting TWLMenu++ on a flashcard!
- First DS flashcard UI to show animated icons from DSi-Enhanced, DSi-Exclusive, and DSiWare games!
- For DSi/3DS/2DS users: Overclock your DS games to 133mhz, faster than normal DS clock speed of 67mhz!
- For DSi/3DS/2DS users: Change sound frequency from 32kHz to 48kHz for higher sound quality!
- Directly access the following flashcards' microSD cards, and switch to and from there anytime!
- Acekard 2i (Games cannot be booted)
- R4 Ultra (regular, not R4i) (r4ultra.com)
- Set the language to your preference.
- Run the last played ROM on TWiLight Menu++ startup.
- Play retro games from these consoles:
- (Super) GameBoy (Color), via GameYob
- NES/Famicom, via nesDS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, via S8DS
- Sega MegaDrive/Genesis, via jEnesisDS
- Super Nintendo/Famicom, via SNEmulDS
- 3DS/2DS users: Play DS games in 16:10 widescreen! Not all games will work with this feature.
Installing TWiLight Menu++
TWiLight Menu++ can be used with the DS, DSi, and 3DS from a flashcart. It can also be used on the DSi (with Unlaunch and/or HiyaCFW) by extracting it to the SD card and the 3DS family (with CFW) by using TWiLight Menu++ Updater or Universal-Updater. More information can be found in the GBAtemp Thread.