How To Play PCSX2 Online
Here is a simple step by step guide for playing your games online. See Online PS2 games for what games still have servers up
First and foremost, 32bit users will need to get WinPcap.
- Get and select the Dev9gigarazi plugin.
- Rip your CD/DVD to ISO format! (very important) And the Network Access Disc if you have it.
- Burn the Disc ID Util CD Version to CD or Disc ID Util DVD Version to DVD and run it on your PS2 (using tricks described in the BIOS dumping guides)
- Insert your game disc and press X, Read off your Disc ID, this is your DNAS code. You might want to read your Network Access Disc Disc ID too, so you can complete the setup.
- Run WinDIP, select your iso, press the scan file, then verify version.
- Enter your Disc ID into the 5 boxes.
- Hit patch
- Repeat 4-6 with your Network Access Disc.
- Next you will need to run the Network Access Disc, or some means of making your network config, some games might work, but some will just show garbage, so this is the best option. All network adapters and slim PS2's come with one. DHCP doesn't work, so hard code your IP addresses. You can either run this on your PS2 and transfer over your NETCONF files to a PCSX2 memcard, or run it on PCSX2 directly.
- Run your ISO and have fun playing online
NOTE: Step 2 and 3 can be done with PCSX2 itself ( 0.9.7 or higher )
You run the ISO "Disc ID Util CD\DVD Version" and then switch to your game's ISO (the game that you want its ID) using swap disc and press X. This will give you all 3 IDs.
NOTE: when you configure the dev9 plugin, tick the ethernet mode, switched mode will work if your ethernet card supports promiscuous mode, otherwise you need to use Bridged, which should be more compatible.
Important Note: If you get DNAS errors -880 or -881, copy your bios back over from the dump, deleting anything in your PCSX2 BIOS folder first, then check the file names! The new dumper tends to put the CRC in the filename, so when PCSX2 reads your BIOS it cannot find the NVM file (which you need for your MAC address) so make sure they have exactly the same name and you aren't using a blank file made by PCSX2!
If you receive a DNAS error, check this site: 2.0 DNAS Error Codes DNAS.